Saturday, May 22, 2010

Knights of Mayhem

Our school was lucky to be able to have an international knight group come last week. The man in the picture is the world champion right now. My 6th graders all dressed up and also held a middle ages fair after the jousting. You can see the kings and queens in the right side of this picture standing.
They got our Principal involved! He had the fruit on top of his head and the one knight rode by and sliced it in half. You can see the lady holding the two pieces after it happened.

Here are the two main knights dressed and talking to the crowd.

Getting his helmet and other armour on before the jousting.

Jousting! This is right before their lances hit. Each time they hit together the lances would break and pieces of wood would go flying. It was quite the sight to see. Some cars pulled over on University Parkway to watch and take pictures.

Here I am with the other 6th grade teacher Miss Kidd, and the main knight.

After the show we had the whole school come to our festival. Here are some kids walking on stilts. They were the entertainers.

I was put in the stocks for stealing bread! Just kidding, put I had to try it out for myself.

Luke was able to come for a little bit so I showed him the horses.

He was a little shy to touch the horse.

2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures Julie! Makes me feel like I was there :) I can just see all the cars stopped along University Parkway watching the jousting
    tournament :) Thanks for the fun blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so cool! I wish I could have come.

    ReplyDelete